Work Location: San Jose, CA 95134
Work Hours: 8:30-5:30
• Coordinate and administer maintenance and upkeep of security-related control systems, including anti-virus, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, secure web gateway etc.
• Assist with incident response procedures and processes, including identifying and establishing appropriate escalation/communication chain. Should be able to assist and provide support in forensics investigations to root cause security incidents/breaches and carry out effective remediation activities.
• Daily monitoring of enterprise security controls such as SIEM, DLP, APT and secure Web Gateway and assist with incident response activities based on the events and alerts generated by security controls.
• Ability to analyze system and firewall logs to assist with security analysis and threats.
• Work closely with Cybersecurity team in instituting an effective Threat & Vulnerability Management program.
• Assisting in reviewing existing security controls and help identify security risks. Work closely with Cybersecurity team in recommending effective security controls to mitigate and minimize security risks.
• Create and maintain security operations dashboard, showing risk areas and common threats
• 6-8 years of experience directly related to information technology security in medium to large enterprise. This experience should include active participation in security programs and processes that have contributed to the development and administration of an organization wide IT security architecture.
• Knowledge of networking and protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS and SMTP
• System administration of Windows, MacOS and Linux systems
• Demonstrated experience with network and IT security components, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware software, data encryption, VPN, vulnerability scanners, server operating systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
• Proven experience performing System Administration. Installation and maintenance on security controls such as SIEM, DLP, Anti-Virus, SOAR, SSO and other security controls.
• Demonstrated ability to perform security control (system, network, application) configuration review to identify gaps and develop effective remediation strategies to address the gaps.
• Ability to understand legal and regulatory requirements and business drivers, and to integrate these into the SSI Security Operations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop metrics, performs critical analysis, and develops executive decision support content.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to write documents ranging from formal and informal reports, system documentation, and training materials.
• The demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment or as an individual contributor.
• Experience in project management and change management procedures and techniques.
• Experience managing information security controls, specifically monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and modernization of mission critical networks and information systems.
• Must be familiar with a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SIEM,
• IDS/IPS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, SSO, SOAR, Privilege Access Management and security incident response and Identity Management.