Work Location: Plano, TX 75075
Contract Period : 6 months (extension)
• File shortage claims based on shortage investigation from SP report mgmt., theft notification, WH notification
• File damage claims based on damaged returns
• Update new claims and remove closed/paid claims from recovery list
• Communicate with 3PL/Carrier/Client to recover claim payment, review declines if valid
• Gather BOL, POD, different invoices from GMP, WMP
• Gather/analyze claims, payment data on monthly basis for reporting to Client
• Update all outbound information needed for all invoices and determine ownership of each line item
• Review invoice deductions to determine credit validity
• Review UPS tracking to determine credit validity
• Update SP report on weekly basis to share with Client claim team for review
• C/call with carrier/client to discuss/resolve escalated issues (need basis)
• Gather claim documents to send to insurance
• Validate which invoice needs to be added to documentation for insurance recovery.
• Gather all claims information for insurance claims, send to SFM no later than the 10th
• Investigate and support as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Relevant (preferred) minimum of 3 years’ worth of experience in a Cargo Claim operation position.
• In lieu of Cargo claim experience, a minimum of 3 years in Transportation/Logistics, Inventory control and/or Warehousing operations.
• General knowledge of shipping operations.
• Commitment to excellence and high-standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention-to-detail, accuracy, problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Computer skills: ability to understand and perform job tasks using computer programs, such as MS Office Products (particularly excellent for Excel) and ERP system knowledge.